March 5, 2014

My Tempered Glass Office Door

I have always been the kind of girl who is crazy about interior design. Just to illustrate, I probably have more blogs and stores’ newsletter subscriptions that I can count with both hands; so naturally, when the time came to choose specifics for my first office, I made several adjustments to what was ‘’pitched’’ to me by the remodeling crew. First, I went with a white couch, a long arm lamp, metallic structures for bookshelves, my desk and a few black & white New York City photographs on the walls. There is something about New York City’s skyline, its vibe is so contagious, every time I see it, it just gets me going.

Now, at last came the time to make a choice on the door! I have seen all kinds of doors, mostly on TV, from bamboo curtains, to thick wooden doors and a personal favorite, tempered glass. I went with tempered glass doors because I really like the way they looked, regular crystal somehow seems too fragile and I of course am a tough woman trying to stand out above the wolf pack! (I’m the only girl in a floor of 20) A stronger looking entrance to my space seemed to help with that image.


After a while waltzing through that door every day, I had come to love it so much that I decided to call a local company to have my own bathroom’s curtains replaced for  tempered glass shower doors. The material looked great even in my less luxurious apartment. There was something else that caught my attention about the tempered glass doors in my bathroom. Before I used to feel like the vapor from the showerhead just suffocated me and if I adjusted the knob it would just get very cold so I stuck it out. With curtains gone, I felt that that vapor somehow escaped faster making my every morning ritual feel less like a sauna visit and much more like a refreshing shower.


I have recommended tempered glass to a lot of friends, not only for their offices but also for tables, shelves, lamps etc. I guess that’s the type of things you start talking about after a while, along with perhaps brunch eateries, farmer’s market deals and pottery barn. It’s all part of the circle of life (ok now I’m being a little too deep). All kidding aside, they are a very esthetically appealing and a very affordable substitute to curtains and wooden doors. I remember the salesman at the firm telling me you could play around with your door design, for example, you could have something inscribed on your tempered glass doors like your name or something else. He was a good salesman, I reward people like him by referring new business casually.

1 comment: