March 14, 2014

Decorative glass panels are awesome



Glass is a very interesting material. Very much like iron, it can suffer physical transformations by heating it and acquire incredible shapes and colors. I was largely unaware of this until I made a trip to Germany; in one of the stores I visited, they had all kinds of scale size decorativeglass panels. They had mosaic, superheroes, flowers, religious figures and silhouettes; there was also one that looked exactly like President John F. Kennedy (I had read before my trip that he made a trip up there coining the phrase ‘’ich bin ein berliner’’.


Ever since I got back to my hometown, I have tried to incorporate that wonderful decorative concept into my house. What I did was basically contact local shops to see if they had those same kinds of products. 
Some said they had heard of them and some did not have them or weren’t aware of their existence for that matter; but one company did know about decorative glass panels and they told me they could make them shift shape to pretty much anything. I was very pleased with that answer and had them install about 5 panels on my living room. After that, the sun was reflected in such a different way, almost like the shaped and colored crystal was now a prism reflecting the magic of the sunlight. It’s really breathtaking to see those things.

My houseguests thought so, and I couldn’t have been more pleased with the outcome. It gave my home an instant esthetic pick-me-up and it wasn’t so costly to have them installed. I have actually recommended that same design concept to many friends who have given me compliments on my decorative glass panels. They really catch your eye. Next step for me was to have some lamps made of the same material and then some ornaments like ‘’Faberge’’ eggs, vases, and sculptures. I just hope an earthquake doesn’t happen soon for the sake of my décor.

No comments:

Post a Comment