June 19, 2014

My New Music Adventure


This year my husband and I made it a new year’s resolution to do something fun and crazy. Both him and I play musical instruments but had never played for a public. We don’t have kids or pets to take care of and so we find ourselves having lots of free time. One of the fun parts of this adventure is turning my mom’s old room into a music room. We call it that because we want it there to be mirrors, a crystal lamp and glass shelves to hold the equipment and other glass stuff. We want to do something to enhance the lighting in the room and have the mirrors so that we can see ourselves when we play the music. A happy and well-lit room gives us more inspiration.

We have been rehearsing for two months now but our real adventure will really begin next week. I will be
playing the guitar and my husband will be playing the bass at a nearby café on Wednesdays. Luckily we both have decent voices to sing in public. The café we are playing at is very cool because every Wednesday is open mic night and anybody can come up on stage and do a little show. You can recite a poem, sing acapella, play some acoustic music, or throw a short comedy jam.  Open mic nights are fun; you all need to come to one some time or another. 

I’m very happy with what our room has turned into. In addition to the glass, we painted the room all white to make it even brighter. I had some custom glass shelves done and bought some cool stuff to give it a musical theme. I particularly like the red glass I bought that make up the word “music”.

No comments:

Post a Comment