April 8, 2014

Tempered glass panels



By definition, tempered or toughened glass is a type of safety glass processed by controlled thermal or chemical treatments to increase its strength compared with normal glass. I was always under the impression that the panels which serve as partition devices in office buildings were the crystal equivalent to wooden or concrete walls that executives used to prefer in the old days. Not uh, they are not. In fact, tempered glass panels are a very elegant and functional way to ‘’shield’’ your office.  I consider how resistant this material is as one of its main advantages; its resistance makes it very durable. It also of course does not require painting and can be easily cleaned and polished by using a chemical solution for crystals and a microfiber. I would not like to endorse Mr. Clean’s products but what you see in their commercials and other related substances is exactly what you will get as the end result of a thorough cleaning.

Tempered glass is also used because of their safety and strength in a variety of demanding applications such as passenger vehicle windows, shower doors, architectural and bathroom doors. I personally like this material a lot and use it as much possible wherever it would look good like inside the home and in the workplace. For example, my office door is a tempered glass panel and my desk is also made of the same material. If you combine it with metallic legs and a minimalistic décor concept for whatever you plan on having on your desk like a MAC or a few pens and papers here and there and a nice white sofa would make a very sophisticated look.

Another advantage of this material (at least when it comes to my desk) is that I don’t have to be so protective with the surface since it does not get scratched so easily. When I had my wooden desk for instance I had scratches and bite marks before I even knew how they had happened! That’s why I switched, and I think it’s been a very, very good decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment